Friday, June 12, 2009

A day late thankful post.

I missed posting my thankful Thursday yesterday. The reason is, it was our 15th wedding anniversary. I am so thankful to have a wonderful man to share my life with. We had a very nice day yesterday. My sister Mechelle watched our girls for us. We took a drive up the coast, had lunch in a cute little place owned and run by a young couple. We had halibut from Alaska. Then we drove to a place called Loon Lake. We hadn't been there since either of us were kids. Well needless to say, in those days the place was on a gravel road and pretty primitive. Now it is all paved and fancied up and they charge you out the nose to visit there.

Anyway, we had a nice long drive and visit. Rarely do we go anywhere without our girls.

In other news, the cat that was killing our baby poultry has been removed from the premises. Ed caught him yesterday before we left on our date. Now the live trap is set for the white cat that is causing trouble here.

These cats are ones that people drop off out in the "country" close to a farm where they think they will be okay. Well that is cruel to the animal and not fair to those of us who are trying to make a living on our little farm.

Today I will get the rest of the garden planted. We almost had it finished when we had a rainy spell. I am also replanting some corn seed to replace what the darned crows have eaten!

As soon as I have a working sewing machine I am planning on a tutorial Frugal Friday post. It is one of my favorite things to do to same money. : )

Have a blessed weekend!

No comments: